I miss my parents and friends. I miss good Mexican food. I miss Big Lots (yes, there is a Big Lots here but it SUCKS). I miss the Riverwalk. I miss my house with all it's comforts. I miss our dogs. I miss knowing where I am when I get out of the car. I miss Sophia's school routine. I miss my sewing room. I miss the generous friendliness that San Antonio shares. People here have a strange way-- the customer service is exceptional everywhere but it's rather cold. Once you offer some friendliness then they share it abundantly. But you have to go there first. It's just different. I feel like a fish out of water.
And everyone here has an Obama bumper sticker or yard sign or house BANNER or t-shirt. I feel sad and pathetic with my weather-beaten McCain sticker. You can hardly tell who I support anymore other than me NOT having an Obama sticker on my car. I'll just have to start shouting MAVERICK! and maybe people will know. ha ha.
The rain is really coming down now. Sigh. Hugs! Send hugs!!!!! Or Taco Cabana's fajitas and guac. Thanks. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment