I, however, am not doing as well as I would have thought! It's beautiful here, the girls are happy and having fun, they love their school. So what is wrong with me?? I was looking forward to this trip all year and now I just can't wait to go home. I think a lot of it has to do with a combination of not being in our own house, and also being in a city where I know no one. Well, the people I know are all Dan's coworkers and therefore not available for playdates during the day. I also know the mom who rescued me at the school (heretofore known as The Mom Who Rescued Me At The School) and her friend, Ann the Nanny. Both very nice. Both Obamamamas. And me with my very sad, weatherbeaten McCain sticker barely clinging to my bumper, an island-- nay, a dinghy-- in a ocean of Obama supporters.
By the way, Obama came through here Saturday afternoon. When I say "through here," I really mean HERE. Like he was one block from our apartment. It was very exciting. We got caught in the motorcade as we tried to get home from running errands, so we took a shortcut home -- forgetting that the campaign headquarters is up the street. So we got to see the tour buses and security detail and all the excitement. But no Obama.
That night one of Dan's coworkers took me to a KC Wizards game. Who are they??? WHO ARE THEY??? Why, only the MLS team here! Hello! Major League Soccer, people!!! It was awesome! Even better that the home team won their last home game of the season. Very, very exciting. And I got to talk futbol with another girl. So that was also awesome!
Sunday we took the girls to a real pumpkin patch where actual real pumpkins actually grow. Really! It was so cool. Lots to see and do, very wholesome good clean family fun.
1 comment:
Jennifer - Don't stress too much! Just expect to get lost occasionally and keep a map in the car. As for politics, I lived in the heart of Republican land (Dallas and Texas in general) for almost 20 years and voted Democrat every time. After a while it won't be a big thing anymore. Have fun with your REAL fall weather, REAL pumpkin patches and wholesome family fun. Just remember - it's an adventure. If you were there permanently, you would live in an area with other SAHM's and the opportunity for you and the kids to bond would be more plentiful. Don't worry. -Linda
Post a Comment