Monday, September 15, 2008

Gettin' Ready To Head Out Of Dodge

Well, the countdown is in the single digits.  3 days left!!!  I have our fall clothes packed and I have an idea of what other supplies (cleaning, linens, paper towels, etc.) I'd like to bring.  The girls have even started choosing toys-- a task that I thought would be the hard part.  No--The hard part is deciding what I can temporarily part with from my Inner Sanctum, my Fortress of Solitude, my Creative Design Studio.  OK, it's just a sewing room, but it's my LIFE after 9PM!!!!  

Anyway, we are all very excited about seeing a new city--from INSIDE the city and ABOVE the city.  We have a 2-bedroom apartment that is 1/3 the size of our current home and 3 stories up.  Woo hoo!

Kansas City looks very exciting-- just check out their Visitor Center website:

http://www.visitkc.com

The weekend we arrive is a big art festival, and an ongoing Renaissance Fair.  There are tons of family and kid oriented events and points of interest.  We'll be arriving at the beginning of a season quite foreign to Texas which many native Kansas City-ans call "fall" or "autumn," though I am told the "N" is silent.  Perhaps we'll be fortunate enough to collect colorful leaves and share them with friends and family courtesy of the good ol' USPS.

Enjoy our blog!  Argh!




3 comments:

Melissa said...

Best wishes on your adventure! Hope you all enjoy your time in Missouri.
Write when you can.
Love and hugs,
Melissa and family

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely! How awesome you'll be starting the fall season from start to end (it's the one season I truly miss here in Texas) so I have dibs on some of those fall leaves!!

You go Jennifer - teach those midwesterners "y'all." I was fortunate enough to bless some easterners (bikers from Connecticut that I met while on the Mall in DC) our way of saying howdy (hey y'all!) and it was a big improvement from "yous guys!" To be quite honest, I don't think they were ever the same after that encounter!!

We'll be looking forward to lots of pictures and updates as you soak up the local flavor of Kansas City. Looking forward to sharing in on the fun!!

mishwa23 said...

Where is your little dog Toto? Oh wrong KC :)
Maybe teach them some Pidgin english. You like go get some ono grinz brah? Hear da cornbread is to die fo sista.
Keep us up to date.